Woe unto the defrauders:
2. Those who when they take the measure from mankind demand it full,
3. But if they measure unto them or weight for them, they cause them loss.
4. Do such (men) not consider that they will be raised again
5. Unto an Awful Day,
6. The day when (all) mankind stand before the Lord of the Worlds ?
7. Nay, but the record of the vile is in Sijjin -
8. Ah! what will convey unto thee what Sijjin is! -
9. A written record.
10. Woe unto the repudiators on that day!
11. Those who deny the Day of Judgment
12. Which none denieth save each criminal transgressor,
13. Who, when thou readest unto him Our revelations, saith: (Mere) fables of the men of old.
14. Nay, but that which they have earned is rust upon their hearts.
15. Nay, but surely on that day they will be covered from (the mercy of) their Lord.
16. Then lo! they verily will burn in hell,
17. And it will be said (unto them): This is that which ye used to deny.
18. Nay, but the record of the righteous is in 'Iliyin -
19. Ah, what will convey unto thee what 'Iliyin is! -
20. A written record,
21. Attested by those who are brought near (unto their Lord).
22. Lo! the righteous verily are in delight,
23. On couches, gazing,
24. Thou wilt know in their faces the radiance of delight.
25. They are given to drink of a pure wine, sealed,
26. Whose seal is musk - for this let (all) those strive who strive for bliss -
27. And mixed with water of Tasnim,
28. A spring whence those brought near (to Allah) drink.
29. Lo! the guilty used to laugh at those who believed,
30. And wink one to another when they passed them;
31. And when they returned to their own folk, they returned jesting;
32. And when they saw them they said: Lo! these have gone astray.
33. Yet they were not sent as guardians over them.
34. This day it is those who believe who have the laugh of disbelievers,
35. On high couches, gazing.
36. Are not the disbelievers paid for what they used to do ?