By the heaven, holding mansions of the stars,
2. And by the Promised Day.
3. And by the witness and that whereunto he beareth testimony,
4. (Self-)destroyed were the owners of the ditch
5. Of the fuel-fed fire,
6. When they sat by it,
7. And were themselves the witnesses of what they did to the believers.
(‘Verses 4 - 7' - Self destroyed were the owners of the trench of
fuel-fed fire (hell) when they took their ease on earth and were themselves the witnesses)
They had naught against them save that they believed in Allah, the Mighty, the Owner of Praise,
9. Him unto Whom belongeth the Sovereignty of the heavens and the earth; and Allah is of all things the Witness.
10. Lo! they who persecute believing men and believing women and repent not, theirs verily will be the doom of hell,
and theirs the doom of burning.
11. Lo! those who believe and do good works, theirs will be Gardens underneath which rivers flow. That is the Great
12. Lo! the punishment of thy Lord is stern.
13. Lo! He it is Who produceth, then reproduceth,
14. And He is the Forgiving, the Loving,
15. Lord of the Throne of Glory,
16. Doer of what He will.
17. Hath there come unto thee the story of the hosts
18. Of Pharaoh and (the tribe of) Thamud ?
19. Nay, but those who disbelieve live in denial
20. And Allah, all unseen, surroundeth them.
21. Nay, but it is a glorious Qur'an.
22. On a guarded tablet.