Read: In the name of thy Lord Who createth,
2. Createth man from a clot.
3. Read: And thy Lord is the Most Bounteous,
4. Who teacheth by the pen,
5. Teacheth man that which he knew not.
(Verses 1 - 5 are the words which the Prophet (saw) received at Mount Hira,
therefore the first of the Qur’an to be revealed)
Nay, but verily man is rebellious
7. That he thinketh himself independent!
8. Lo! unto thy Lord is the return.
9. Hast thou seen him who dissuadeth
10. A slave when he prayeth ?
11. Hast thou seen if he relieth on the guidance (of Allah)
12. Or enjoineth piety ?
13. Hast thou seen if he denieth (Allah's guidance) and is froward ?
14. Is he then unaware that Allah seeth ?
15. Nay, but if he cease not We will seize him by the forelock -
16. The lying, sinful forelock -
17. Then let him call upon his henchmen!
18. We will call the guards of hell.
19. Nay, Obey not thou him. But prostrate thyself, and draw near (unto Allah).