O ye who believe! Fulfil your undertakings. The beast of cattle is made lawful unto you (for food) except that which
is announced unto you (herein), game being unlawful when ye are on the pilgrimage. Lo! Allah ordaineth that which pleaseth
2. O ye who believe! Profane not Allah's monuments nor the Sacred Month nor the offerings nor the garlands, nor those
repairing to the Sacred House, (the Kaaba at Mecca) seeking the grace
and pleasure of their Lord. But when ye have left the sacred territory, then go hunting (if ye will). And let not your hatred
of a folk who (once) stopped your going to the inviolable place of worship seduce you to transgress; but help ye one another
unto righteousness and pious duty. Help not one another unto sin and transgression, but keep your duty to Allah. Lo! Allah
is severe in punishment.
3. Forbidden unto you (for food) are carrion and blood and swineflesh, and that which hath been dedicated unto any
other than Allah, and the strangled, and the dead through beating, and the dead through falling from a height, and that which
hath been killed by (the goring of) horns, and the devoured of wild beasts, saving that which ye make lawful (by the death-stroke),
and that which hath been immolated unto idols. And (forbidden is it) that ye swear by the divining arrows. This is an abomination.
This day are those who disbelieve in despair of (ever harming) your religion; so fear them not, fear Me! This day have I perfected
your religion for you and completed My favour unto you, and have chosen for you as religion al-Islam. (AL-ISLAM - ‘The Surrender’
to Allah. This is the religion which the Prophet (saw) had established received its name)
Whoso is forced by hunger, not by will, to sin: (for him) lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
4. They ask thee (O Muhammad) what is made lawful for them. Say: (all) good things are made lawful for you. And those
beasts and birds of prey which ye have trained as hounds are trained, ye teach them that which Allah taught you; so eat of
that which they catch for you and mention Allah's name upon it, and observe your duty to Allah. Lo! Allah is swift to take
5. This day are (all) good things made lawful for you. The food of those who have received the Scripture is lawful
for you, and your food is lawful for them. And so are the virtuous women of the believers and the virtuous women of those
who received the Scripture before you (lawful for you) when ye give them their marriage portions and live with them in honour,
not in fornication, nor taking them as secret concubines. Whoso denieth the faith, his work is vain and he will be among the
losers in the Hereafter.
6. O ye who believe! When ye rise up for prayer, wash you faces, and your hands up to the elbows, and lightly rub your
heads and (wash) your feet up to the ankles. And if ye are unclean, purify yourselves. And if ye are sick or on a journey,
or one of you cometh from the closet, or ye have had contact with women, and ye find not water, then go to clean, high ground
and rub your faces and your hands with some of it. Allah would not place a burden on you, but He would purify you and would
perfect His grace upon you, that ye may give thanks.
7. Remember Allah's grace upon you and His covenant by which He bound you when ye said: We hear and we obey; And keep
your duty to Allah. Lo! He knoweth what is in the breasts (of men).
8. O ye who believe! Be steadfast witnesses for Allah in equity, and let not hatred of any people seduce you that ye
deal not justly. Deal justly, that is nearer to your duty. Observe your duty to Allah. Lo! Allah is Informed of what ye do.
9. Allah hath promised those who believe and do good works: Theirs will be forgiveness and immense reward.
10. And they who disbelieve and deny Our revelations, such are rightful owners of hell.
11. O ye who believe! Remember Allah's favour unto you, how a people were minded to stretch out their hands against
you but He withheld their hands from you; and keep your duty to Allah. In Allah let believers put their trust.
12. Allah made a covenant of old with the Children of Israel and We raised among them twelve chieftains, and Allah
said: Lo! I am with you. If ye establish worship and pay the poor-due, and believe in My messengers and support them, and
lend unto Allah a kindly loan (a loan without interest
or thought of gain or loss), surely I shall remit your sins, and surely I shall bring you into Gardens underneath
which rivers flow. Whoso among you disbelieveth after this will go astray from a plain road.
13. And because of their breaking their covenant, We have cursed them and made hard their hearts. They change words
from their context and forget a part of that whereof they were admonished. Thou wilt not cease to discover treachery from
all save a few of them. But bear with them and pardon them. Lo! Allah loveth the kindly.
14. And with those who say: "Lo! we are Christians," We made a covenant, but they forgot a part of that whereof they
were admonished. Therefore We have stirred up enmity and hatred among them till the Day of Resurrection, when Allah will inform
them of their handiwork.
15. O People of the Scripture! Now hath Our messenger come unto you, expounding unto you much of that which ye used
to hide in the Scripture, and forgiving much. now hath come unto you light from Allah and plain Scripture,
16. Whereby Allah guideth him who seeketh His good pleasure unto paths of peace. He bringeth them out of darkness unto
light by His decree, and guideth them unto a straight path.
17. They indeed have disbelieved who say: Lo! Allah is the Messiah, son of Mary. Say: Who then can do aught against
Allah, if He had willed to destroy the Messiah son of Mary, and his mother and everyone on earth ? Allah's is the Sovereignty
of the heavens and the earth and all that is between them. He createth what He will. And Allah is Able to do all things.
18. The Jews and Christians say: We are sons of Allah and His loved ones. Say: Why then doth He chastise you for your
sins ? Nay, ye are but mortals of His creating. He forgiveth whom He will, and chastiseth whom He will. Allah's is the Sovereignty
of the heavens and the earth and all that is between them, and unto Him is the journeying.
19. O People of the Scripture! Now hath Our messenger come unto you to make things plain unto you after an interval
(of cessation) of the messengers, lest ye should say: There came not unto us a messenger of cheer nor any warner. Now hath
a messenger of cheer and a warner come unto you. Allah is Able to do all things.
20. And (remember) when Moses said unto his people: O my people! Remember Allah's favour unto you, how He placed among
you Prophets, and He made you kings, and gave you that (which) He gave not to any (other) of (His) creatures.
21. O my people! Go into the holy land which Allah hath ordained for you. Turn not in flight, for surely ye turn back
22. They said: O Moses! Lo! a giant people (dwell) therein and lo! we go not in till they go forth from thence. When
they go forth from thence, then we will enter (not till then).
23. Then out spoke two of those who feared (their Lord, men) unto whom Allah had been gracious: Enter in upon them
by the gate, for if ye enter by it, lo! ye will be victorious. So put your trust (in Allah) if ye are indeed believers.
24. They said: O Moses! We will never enter (the land) while they are in it. So go thou and thy Lord and fight! We
will sit here.
25. He said: My Lord! I have control of none but myself and my brother, so distinguish between us and the wrong-doing
26. (Their Lord) said: For this the land will surely be forbidden them for forty years that they will wander in the
earth, bewildered. So grieve not over the wrongdoing folk.
27. But recite unto them with truth the tale of the two sons of Adam, how they offered each a sacrifice, and it was
accepted from the one of them and it was not accepted from the other. (The one) said: I will surely kill thee. (The other)
answered: Allah accepteth only from those who ward off (evil).
28. Even if thou stretch out thy hand against me to kill me, I shall not stretch out my hand against thee to kill thee,
lo! I fear Allah, the Lord of the Worlds.
29. Lo! I would rather thou shouldst bear the punishment of the sin against me and thine own sin and become one of
the owners of the fire. That is the reward of evil-doers.
30. But (the other's) mind imposed on him the killing of his brother, so he slew him and became one of the losers.
31. Then Allah sent a raven scratching up the ground, to show him how to hide his brother's naked corpse. He said:
Woe unto me! Am I not able to be as this raven and so hide my brother's naked corpse ? And he became repentant.
32. For that cause We decreed for the Children of Israel that whosoever killeth a human being for other than manslaughter
or corruption in the earth, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind, and whoso saveth the life of one, it shall be as
if he had saved the life of all mankind. Our messengers came unto them of old with clear proofs (of Allah's Sovereignty),
but afterwards lo! many of them became prodigals in the earth.
33. The only reward of those who make war upon Allah and His messenger and strive after corruption in the land will
be that they will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out
of the land. Such will be their degradation in the world, and in the Hereafter theirs will be an awful doom;
34. Save those who repent before ye overpower them. For know that Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
35. O ye who believe! Be mindful of your duty to Allah, and seek the way of approach unto Him, and strive in His way
in order that ye may succeed.
36. As for those who disbelieve, lo! if all that is in the earth were theirs, and as much again therewith, to ransom
them from the doom on the Day of Resurrection, it would not be accepted from them. Theirs will be a painful doom.
37. They will wish to come forth from the Fire, but they will not come forth from it. Theirs will be a lasting doom.
38. As for the thief, both male and female, cut off their hands. It is the reward of their own deeds, an exemplary
punishment from Allah. Allah is Mighty, Wise.
39. But whoso repenteth after his wrongdoing and amendeth, lo! Allah will relent toward him. Lo! Allah is Forgiving,
40. Knowest thou not that unto Allah belongeth the Sovereignty of the heavens and the earth ? He punisheth whom He
will, and forgiveth whom He will. Allah is Able to do all things.
41. O Messenger! Let not them grieve thee who vie one with another in the race to disbelief, of such as say with their
mouths: "We believe," but their hearts believe not, and of the Jews: listeners for the sake of falsehood, listeners on behalf
of other folk who come not unto thee, changing words from their context and saying: If this be given unto you, receive it,
but if this be not given unto you, then beware! He whom Allah doometh unto sin, thou (by thine efforts) wilt avail him naught
against Allah. Those are they for whom the Will of Allah is that He cleanse not their hearts. Theirs in the world will be
ignominy, and in the Hereafter an awful doom;
42. Listeners for the sake of falsehood! Greedy for illicit gain! If then they have recourse unto thee (Muhammad) judge
between them or disclaim jurisdiction. If thou disclaimest jurisdiction, then they cannot harm thee at all. But if thou judgest,
judge between them with equity. Lo! Allah loveth the equitable.
43. How come they unto thee for judgment when they have the Torah, wherein Allah hath delivered judgment (for them)
? Yet even after that they turn away. Such (folk) are not believers.
44. Lo! We did reveal the Torah, wherein is guidance and a light, by which the Prophets who surrendered (unto Allah)
judged the Jews, and the rabbis and the priests (judged) by such of Allah's Scripture as they were bidden to observe, and
thereunto were they witnesses. So fear not mankind, but fear Me. And barter not My revelations for a little gain. Whoso judgeth
not by that which Allah hath revealed: such are disbelievers.
45. And We prescribed for them therein: The life for the life, and the eye for the eye, and the nose for the nose,
and the ear for the ear, and the tooth for the tooth, and for wounds retaliation. But whoso forgoeth it (in the way of charity)
it shall be expiation for him. Whoso judgeth not by that which Allah hath revealed: such are wrong-doers.
46. And We caused Jesus, son of Mary, to follow in their footsteps, confirming that which was (revealed) before him
in the Torah, and We bestowed on him the Gospel wherein is guidance and a light, confirming that which was (revealed) before
it in the Torah - a guidance and an admonition unto those who ward off (evil).
47. Let the People of the Gospel judge by that which Allah hath revealed therein. Whoso judgeth not by that which Allah
hath revealed: such are evil-livers.
48. And unto thee have We revealed the Scripture with the truth, confirming whatever Scripture was before it, and a
watcher over it. So judge between them by that which Allah hath revealed, and follow not their desires away from the truth
which hath come unto thee. For each We have appointed a divine law and a traced-out way. Had Allah willed He could have made
you one community. But that He may try you by that which He hath given you (He hath made you as ye are). So vie one with another
in good works. Unto Allah ye will all return, and He will then inform you of that wherein ye differ.
49. So judge between them by that which Allah hath revealed, and follow not their desires, but beware of them lest
they seduce thee from some part of that which Allah hath revealed unto thee. And if they turn away, then know that Allah's
Will is to smite them for some sin of theirs. Lo! many of mankind are evil-livers.
50. Is it a judgment of the time of (pagan) ignorance that they are seeking ? Who is better than Allah for judgment
to a people who have certainty (in their belief) ?
51. O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for friends. They are friends one to another. He among you
who taketh them for friends is (one) of them. Lo! Allah guideth not wrongdoing folk.
52. And thou seest those in whose heart is a disease race toward them, saying: We fear lest a change of fortune befall
us. And it may happen that Allah will vouchsafe (unto thee) the victory, or a commandment from His presence. Then will they
repent them of their secret thoughts.
53. Then will the believers say (unto the people of the Scripture): are these they who swore by Allah their most binding
oaths that they were surely with you ? Their works have failed, and they have become the losers.
54. O ye who believe! Whoso of you becometh a renegade from his religion, (know that in his stead) Allah will bring
a people whom He loveth and who love Him, humble toward believers, stern toward disbelievers, striving in the way of Allah,
and fearing not the blame of any blamer. Such is the grace of Allah which He giveth unto whom He will. Allah is All-Embracing,
55. Your guardian can be only Allah; and His messenger and those who believe, who establish worship and pay the poor
due, and bow down (in prayer).
56. And whoso taketh Allah and His messenger and those who believe for guardian (will know that), lo! the party of
Allah, they are the victorious.
57. O Ye who believe! Choose not for guardians such of those who received the Scripture before you, and of the disbelievers,
as make a jest and sport of your religion. But keep your duty to Allah if ye are true believers.
58. And when ye call to prayer they take it for a jest and sport. That is because they are a folk who understand not.
59. Say: O People of the Scripture! Do ye blame us for aught else than that we believe in Allah and that which is revealed
unto us and that which was revealed aforetime, and because most of you are evil-livers ?
60. Shall I tell thee of a worse (case) than theirs for retribution with Allah ? (Worse is the case of him) whom Allah
hath cursed, him on whom His wrath hath fallen and of whose sort Allah hath turned some to apes and swine, and who serveth
idols. Such are in worse plight and further astray from the plain road.
61. When they come unto you (Muslims), they say: We believe; but they came in unbelief and they went out in the same;
and Allah knoweth best what they were hiding.
62. And thou seest many of them vying one with another in sin and transgression and their devouring of illicit gain.
Verily evil is what they do.
63. Why do not the rabbis and the priests forbid their evil-speaking and their devouring of illicit gain ? Verily evil
is their handiwork.
64. The Jews say: Allah's hand is fettered. Their hands are fettered and they are accursed for saying so. Nay, but
both His hands are spread out wide in bounty. He bestoweth as He will. That which hath been revealed unto thee from thy Lord
is certain to increase the contumacy and disbelief of many of them, and We have cast among them enmity and hatred till the
Day of Resurrection. As often as they light a fire for war, Allah extinguisheth it. Their effort is for corruption in the
land, and Allah loveth not corrupters.
65. If only the People of the Scripture would believe and ward off (evil), surely We should remit their sins from them
and surely We should bring them into Gardens of Delight.
66. If they had observed the Torah and the Gospel and that which was revealed unto them from their Lord, they would
surely have been nourished from above them and from beneath their feet. Among them there are people who are moderate, but
many of them are of evil conduct.
67. O Messenger! Make known that which hath been revealed unto thee from thy Lord, for if thou do it not, thou wilt
not have conveyed His message. Allah will protect thee from mankind. Lo! Allah guideth not the disbelieving folk.
68. Say O People of the Scripture! Ye have naught (of guidance) till ye observe the Torah and the Gospel and that which
was revealed unto you from your Lord. That which is revealed unto thee (Muhammad) from thy Lord is certain to increase the
contumacy and disbelief of many of them. But grieve not for the disbelieving folk.
69. Lo! those who believe, and those who are Jews, and Sabaeans, and Christians - Whosoever believeth in Allah and
the Last Day and doeth right - there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.
70. We made a covenant of old with the Children of Israel and We sent unto them messengers. As often as a messenger
came unto them with that which their souls desired not (they became rebellious). Some (of them) they denied and some they
71. They thought no harm would come of it, so they were wilfully blind and deaf. And afterward Allah turned (in mercy)
toward them. Now (even after that) are many of them wilfully blind and deaf. Allah is Seer of what they do.
72. They surely disbelieve who say: Lo! Allah is the Messiah, son of Mary. The Messiah (himself) said: O Children of
Israel, worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. Lo! whoso ascribeth partners unto Allah, for him Allah hath forbidden paradise.
His abode is the Fire. For evil-doers there will be no helpers.
73. They surely disbelieve who say: Lo! Allah is the third of three; when there is no God save the One God. If they
desist not from so saying a painful doom will fall on those of them who disbelieve.
74. Will they not rather turn unto Allah and seek forgiveness of Him ? For Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
75. The Messiah, son of Mary, was no other than a messenger, messengers (the like of whom) had passed away before him.
And his mother was a saintly woman. And they both used to eat (earthly) food. See how We make the revelations clear for them,
and see how they are turned away!
76. Say: Serve ye in place of Allah that which possesseth for you neither hurt nor use ? Allah it is Who is the Hearer,
77. Say: O People of the Scripture! Stress not in your religion other than the truth, and follow not the vain desires
of folk who erred of old and led many astray, and erred from a plain road.
78. Those of the Children of Israel who went astray were cursed by the tongue of David, and of Jesus, son of Mary.
That was because they rebelled and used to transgress.
79. They restrained not one another from the wickedness they did. Verily evil was that they used to do!
80. Thou seest many of them making friends with those who disbelieve. Surely ill for them is that which they themselves
send on before them: that Allah will be wroth with them and in the doom they will abide.
81. If they believed in Allah and the Prophet and that which is revealed unto him, they would not choose them for their
friends. But many of them are of evil conduct.
82. Thou wilt find the most vehement of mankind in hostility to those who believe (to be) the Jews and the idolaters.
And thou wilt find the nearest of them in affection to those who believe (to be) those who say: Lo! We are Christians. That
is because there are among them priests and monks, and because they are not proud.
83. When they listen to that which hath been revealed unto the messengers, thou seest their eyes overflow with tears
because of their recognition of the Truth. They say: Our Lord, we believe. Inscribe us as among the witnesses.
84. How should we not believe in Allah and that which hath come unto us of the Truth. And (how should we not) hope
that our Lord will bring us in along with righteous folk ?
85. Allah hath rewarded them for that their saying - Gardens underneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide
for ever. That is the reward of the good.
86. But those who disbelieve and deny Our revelations, they are owners of hell-fire.
87. O ye who believe! Forbid not the good things which Allah hath made lawful for you, and transgress not, Lo! Allah
loveth not transgressors.
88. Eat of that which Allah hath bestowed on you as food lawful and good, and keep your duty to Allah in Whom ye are
89. Allah will not take you to task for that which is unintentional in your oaths, but He will take you to task for
the oaths which ye swear in earnest. The expiation thereof is the feeding of ten of the needy with the average of that wherewith
ye feed your own folk, or the clothing of them, or the liberation of a slave, and for him who findeth not (the wherewithal
to do so) then a three days' fast. This is the expiation of your oaths when ye have sworn; and keep your oaths. Thus Allah
expoundeth unto you His revelations in order that ye may give thanks.
90. O ye who believe! Strong drink and games of chance and idols and divining arrows are only an infamy of Satan's
handiwork. Leave it aside in order that ye may succeed.
91. Satan seeketh only to cast among you enmity and hatred by means of strong drink and games of chance, and to turn
you from remembrance of Allah and from (His) worship. Will ye then have done ?
92. Obey Allah and obey the messenger, and beware! But if ye turn away, then know that the duty of Our messenger is
only plain conveyance (of the message).
93. There shall be no sin (imputed) unto those who believe and do good works for what they may have eaten (in the past).
So be mindful of your duty (to Allah), and believe, and do good works; and again: be mindful of your duty, and believe; and
once again: be mindful of your duty, and do right. Allah loveth the good.
94. O ye who believe! Allah will surely try you somewhat (in the matter) of the game which ye take with your hands
and your spears, that Allah may know him who feareth Him in secret. Whoso transgresseth after this, for him there is a painful
95. O ye who believe! Kill no wild game while ye are on the pilgrimage. Whoso of you killeth it of set purpose he shall
pay its forfeit in the equivalent of that which he hath killed, of domestic animals, the judge to be two men among you known
for justice, (the forfeit) to be brought as an offering to the Kaa'bah; or, for expiation, he shall feed poor persons, or
the equivalent thereof in fasting, that he may taste the evil consequences of his deed. Allah forgiveth whatever (of this
kind) may have happened in the past, but whoso relapseth, Allah will take retribution from him. Allah is Mighty, Able to Requite
96. To hunt and to eat the fish of the sea is made lawful for you, a provision for you and for seafarers; but to hunt
on land is forbidden you so long as ye are on the pilgrimage. Be mindful of your duty to Allah, unto Whom ye will be gathered.
97. Allah hath appointed the Ka'bah, the Sacred House, a standard for mankind, and the Sacred Month and the offerings
and the garlands. That is so that ye may know that Allah knoweth whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth,
and that Allah is Knower of all things.
98. Know that Allah is severe in punishment, but that Allah (also) is Forgiving, Merciful.
99. The duty of the messenger is only to convey (the message). Allah knoweth what ye proclaim and what ye hide.
100. Say: The evil and the good are not alike even though the plenty of the evil attract thee. So be mindful of your
duty to Allah, O men of understanding, that ye may succeed.
101. O ye who believe! Ask not of things which, if they were made unto you, would trouble you; but if ye ask of them
when the Qur'an is being revealed, they will be made known unto you. Allah pardoneth this, for Allah is Forgiving, Clement.
102. A folk before you asked (for such disclosures) and then disbelieved therein.
103. Allah hath not appointed anything in the nature of a Bahirah or a Sa'ibah or a Wasilah or a Hami (different classes of cattle liberated in honour
of idols and reverenced by
pagan Arabs), but
those who disbelieve invent a lie against Allah. Most of them have no sense.
104. And when it is said unto them: Come unto that which Allah hath revealed and unto the messenger, they say: Enough
for us is that wherein we found our fathers. What! Even though their fathers had no knowledge whatsoever, and no guidance
105. O ye who believe! Ye have charge of your own souls. He who erreth cannot injure you if ye are rightly guided.
Unto Allah ye will all return; and then He will inform you of what ye used to do.
106. O ye who believe! Let there be witnesses between you when death draweth nigh unto one of you, at the time of bequest
- two witnesses, just men from among you, or two others from another tribe, in case ye are campaigning in the land and the
calamity of death befall you. Ye shall empanel them both after the prayer, and, if ye doubt, they shall be made to swear by
Allah (saying): We will not take a bribe, even though it were (on behalf of) a near kinsman nor will we hide the testimony
of Allah, for then indeed we should be of the sinful.
107. But then, if it is afterwards ascertained that both of them merit (the suspicion of) sin, let two others take
their place of those nearly concerned, and let them swear by Allah, (saying): Verily our testimony is truer than their testimony
and we have not transgressed (the bounds of duty), for them indeed we should be of the evil-doers.
108. Thus it is more likely that they will bear true witness or fear that after their oaths the oaths (of others) will
be taken. So be mindful of your duty (to Allah) and hearken. Allah guideth not the froward folk.
109. In the day when Allah gathereth together the messengers, and saith: What was your response (from mankind) ? they
say: We have no knowledge. Lo! Thou, only Thou art the Knower of Things Hidden,
110. When Allah saith: O Jesus, son of Mary! Remember My favour unto thee and unto thy mother; how I strengthened thee
with the holy Spirit, so that thou spokest unto mankind in the cradle as in maturity; and how I taught thee the Scripture
and Wisdom and the Torah and the Gospel; and how thou didst shape of clay as it were the likeness of a bird by My permission,
and didst blow upon it and it was a bird by My permission, and thou didst heal him who was born blind and the leper by My
permission; and how thou didst raise the dead by My permission; and how I restrained the Children of Israel from (harming)
thee when thou camest unto them with clear proofs, and those of them who disbelieved exclaimed: This is naught else than mere
111. And when I inspired the disciples, (saying): Believe in Me and in My messenger, they said: We believe. Bear witness
that we have surrendered (unto Thee). (Muslims)
112. When the disciples said: O Jesus, son of Mary! Is thy Lord able to send down for us a table spread with food from
heaven ? He said: Observe your duty to Allah, if ye are true believers.
113. (They said:) We wish to eat thereof, that we may satisfy our hearts and know that thou hast spoken truth to us,
and that thereof we may be witnesses.
114. Jesus, son of Mary, said: O Allah, Lord of us! Send down for us a table spread with food from heaven, that it
may be a feast for us, for the first of us and for the last of us, and a sign from Thee. Give us sustenance, for Thou art
the Best of Sustainers.
115. Allah said: Lo! I send it down for you. And whoso disbelieveth of you afterward, him surely will I punish with
a punishment wherewith I have not punished any of (My) creatures.
116. And when Allah saith: O Jesus, son of Mary! Didst thou say unto mankind: Take me and my mother for two gods beside
Allah ? he saith: Be glorified! It was not mine to utter that to which I had no right. If I used to say it, then Thou knewest
it. Thou knowest what is in my mind, and I know not what is in Thy Mind. Lo! Thou, only Thou, art the Knower of Things Hidden
117. I spoke unto them only that which Thou commandedst me, (saying): Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. I was a
witness of them while I dwelt among them, and when Thou tookest me Thou wast the Watcher over them. Thou art Witness over
118. If Thou punish them, lo! they are Thy slaves, and if Thou forgive them (lo! they are Thy slaves). Lo! Thou, only
Thou, art the Mighty, the Wise.
119. Allah saith: This is a day in which their truthfulness profiteth the truthful, for theirs are Gardens underneath
which rivers flow, wherein they are secure for ever, Allah taking pleasure in them and they in Him. That is the great triumph.
120. Unto Allah belongeth the Sovereignty of the heavens and the earth and whatsoever is therein, and He is Able to
do all things.