All that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth glorifieth Allah, the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One, the
Mighty, the Wise.
2. He it is Who hath sent among the unlettered ones a messenger of their own, to recite unto them His revelations and
to make them grow, and to teach them the Scripture and wisdom, though heretofore they were indeed in error manifest,
3. Along with others of them who have not yet joined them. He is the Mighty, the Wise.
4. That is the bounty of Allah; which He giveth unto whom He will. Allah is of Infinite Bounty.
5. The likeness of those who are entrusted with the Law of Moses, yet apply it not, is as the likeness of the ass carrying
books. Wretched is the likeness of folk who deny the revelations of Allah. And Allah guideth not wrongdoing folk.
6. Say (O Muhammad): O ye who are Jews! If ye claim that ye are favoured of Allah apart from (all) mankind, then long
for death if ye are truthful.
7. But they will never long for it because of all that their own hands have sent before, and Allah is Aware of evil-doers.
8. Say (unto them, O Muhammad): Lo! the death from which ye shrink will surely meet you, and afterward ye will be returned
unto the Knower of the Invisible and the Visible, and He will tell you what ye used to do.
9. O ye who believe! When the call is heard for the prayer of the day of congregation, haste unto remembrance of Allah
and leave your trading. That is better for you if ye did but know.
10. And when the prayer is ended, then disperse in the land and seek of Allah's bounty, and remember Allah much, that
ye may be successful.
11. But when they spy some merchandise or pastime they break away to it and leave thee standing. Say: That which Allah
hath is better than pastime and than merchandise, and Allah is the Best of providers.